Thursday, May 20, 2010

Music in my life..

What is music in someone's life..? I do believe that no one can live without music.. for me, I'm living only for music.. (kehne ko kya jata hai..) well, jokes apart, it means music plays very important role in my life.. it makes my mood..

whenever I find free time, the only thing i do is I take my earpiece on,connect it to my mobile & listen to music...of any kind! the only condition is the music should be good.. I listen to marathi, hindi, english music.. there are few french tracks also enlisted in my music library.. (very frankly, i dont know meaning of these french songs!) but guys, these tracks are really good!cool!alizee's moi lolita & other french songs..simply superb!

as much as 600 songs are there in my music library (offcourse of mobile).. I like each & every one of it.. few are marathi, few are english..and main stock is of hindi songs..I like classic 'piya basnti re' & at the same time 'may be I'm addicted..'of enrique.. marathi bhajan 'vithu mauli tu' as well as hindi rocking 'maiyya maiyya' from guru..

but guys my all time favorite song is 'Malhar wari'..a marathi song from the movie 'Agg Bai Arechya'.. its an awesome folk song..I bet, anybody who listens it, will become fan of marathi folk songs.. Actually marathi music standard was continuously decreasing, but in past few years marathi music experienced amazing makeover & now it is competing at globel level.. 'Gondhal' wasn't so nice n sweet to listen before 'Ajay-Atul' composed it so nicely.. hats off to them!

Actually I'm big big fan of musician duo 'Ajay-Atul'..they raised musical standards of not only marathi music, but also of indian music industry.. A Ganesh wandana..'Ekdantay Vakratunday' music & composed by Ajay Atul...what a song yaar! cant find words to describe! Actually it is very well sung by Shankar Mahadevan..no one could have sung it as well as Shankar mahadevan..That song is made only for him..

& words are not enough to describe excellence of the great Mr. Shankar Mahadevan.. his breathless song..simply wow! 'sapno se bhare naina' from the movie luck by chance..what a song..& there are many songs in hindi-marathi sung by Shankar mahadevan are superb..Now Sonu Nigam! sirf naam hi kafi hai! Guys Sonu nigam is gift of god to all of us indians.. I grew up listening sonu nigam's voice.. he is & will remain forever my favorite singer..

Hmm.. I started listening to english songs because of one of my friends, now become big fan of classic, hiphop, rock n pop songs..Voice of Celine Dion always fascinates me...she is "Lata Mangeshkar' of western music.. I like every song of her..specially 'The power of love' & 'A new day has come'

While talking on western music, who can forget Enrique Iglesias'! His 'may be im addicted' made me addicted to listen him! 'Bailamous' is awesome! 'let me be your hero' & 'the rhythm devine' makes my blood to dance..
the bands Ace Of Base & U2 are also cool to listen.. Bono's guitar makes u mad for him in band U2.. & I recommend everyone to listen the sweet sweet Alizee..a french-english singer..

now thats enough for today.. right now i'm humming few lines of Malhar wari..
"malhar wari, motiyaan dyavi bharun, nahitar deva, deva mi jato durun..
odh lavati ashi jivala, gavakadchi mati.. saad ghalati punha navyane, ti raktanchi naati.."
Simply awesome yaar!

1 comment:

  1. Your choice of English songs is quite nice....Now that u like English songs I would recommend you some of my fav's songs n singers... Shania Twain (best song "Forever & for always" Indian style music)...Top Gun (Take my breath away), Desert rose( I dream of rain), Where do you go, I'm alive (celine), Sky isn't always blue (Robert miles), Hotel California (Eagles All time fav), This love (Kayne west), blue, aqua, West life, Doesn't matter (By Janet Jakson), Shakira .....n so many

    ReplyDelete